Sunday, March 22, 2009

First exam and proud mama

Spoke to Kristen on the phone just now and excitedly she told me she scores 89% for her Bahasa Melayu and 98% for her Science... so proud of her. I thought the only full sentence that she could speak in Bahasa was "Saya nak ponteng sekolah hari ini". I was so wrong.

The exam was 2 weeks ago and I told her "pray for guidance before you start, if you are not sure of the answer ask God to help you" and keep on reminding her that God is always with her just like in Psalm 23. She obeyed and I thank God for the result. I really wanted her to get good marks as to prevent her from attending extra classes schedule for year 1 students who need aids.

Before she put down the phone she asked me this "Mom, those results are good enough for me to get my bicycle?" I was tempted to say yes instead I said "You still have 3 more papers"
...she had been longing for a bigger bike and I told her she needs to work for it and the deal was that she needs to score all A's. By the way, these are pictures from her Birthday Party at Mc Donald's, Sunday School and home not too long ago, too busy to upload them then. Notice, unlike her sister, she's not sexist, she invited boys to her party.